20 December 2013

Counting Down Best Blues Of 2013 (#413)


The Blue Room # 413, 18 December 2013

Hey everyone, heres my countdown of my favorite blues tunes/releases of 2013. Its been a great year and with all the awesome blues releases throughout 2013 it wasn't an easy task selecting only a few tunes for this playlist. 

I want to thank all the many people who contributed in some way to The Blues Room this year, especially FreeFM 89.0, all the music distributors and bands for sending me their music and Darcy Perry who has joined us for a monthly Hour Of Blues Power on the first Wednesday of every month - his next show will be on New Years Day so tune in! Most of all I want to thank you, the blues fans, for taking an interest in the blues and what I'm trying to do here.

Next week is a Christmas special filled with funk 'n soul, and plenty of juicy blues surprises for you!. Enjoy!

1. Sugar Ray Norcia - My Babe
2. Jumping Cats - Keep On Loving Me Baby
3. Corey Harris - Lynch Blues
4. Big Bill Morganfield - Son Of The Blues
5. Nikki Hill - I Know
6. Darcy Perry - Eleven Long Years
7. Booker T. Jones feat. Gary Clarke Jr - Austin Blues Idea
8. Duke Robillard Band - Groovin' Slow
9. Tedeschi Trucks Band - Sweet and Low
10. Charlie Musselwhite - Christo Redemptor
11. G. Love - Back To Boston
12. Trickbag (with James Harman) - Come Back

No comments: